Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Adventures in Adulting: Working Out



In order to find the perfect balance of adulting you need to incorporate working out into your busy lifestyle. But making myself workout isn't easy.


My biggest reservation about going to the gym is that when I get there I have absolutely no clue what to do. So naturally I just avoid the gym all together. Lately, I've been finding workouts on Pinterest that I can do at home like this one I started this month:


The downside is that I don't have weights or other equipment at home, so I'm pretty limited in the workouts I can do. I feel like I can only accomplish real-adulting-workouts at the gym. For this reason I have been thinking about joining the Omni Club in Athens for some time now. I checked out @OmniClubAthens on Twitter to see if they offered anything that would ease my fear of walking into a gym completely clueless.

Omni is really active on Twitter, especially with engaging their followers, but I didn't find anything to solve my problem. I wish that Omni would tweet out a Workout of the Day or #WOTD that I could follow in order to utilize their equipment. Perhaps inside their gym they could have a sign that says "Ask us about the Workout of the Day" and also include their Twitter handle to promote their social media. I'd like to think if they incorporated something like this, that I'd work up the courage to actually see the inside of their gym.

I think this would be a great way for someone like myself to grow more comfortable working out so that I can start adulting like I should be. It would be an effective way to engage and grow followers, and ultimately increase brand loyalty.

No comments:

Post a Comment